Post a Topic

Reply To: How Do I Use UWorld?

Activity Forums USMLE Step 1 Forum How Do I Use UWorld? Reply To: How Do I Use UWorld?

Dan S., MST USMLE Tutor
Mod
USMLE ExpertMD or DOContributor

I’m not sure I totally understand. Is the question: once you have annotated a chapter, when you cycle back to review that chapter, should you just read your annotations or both the original content and your annotations?

If so, here is my take: After a first pass through all of the FA material, each subsequent pass should be increasingly focused on the areas you are struggling with, and should be increasingly geared towards “studying” rather than “reading”. What I mean by this is, if you are doing questions daily, by the time you get back to the endocrine chapter in a week or two, you should have a good sense of which pieces you are getting wrong in questions and which pieces you have a good handle on. It is okay to skim over the areas you feel good about, and dive into the areas that are giving you trouble, doing flashcards, quizzing yourself, doing focused question sets, etc. to hammer those pieces home. For those problem areas, it will definitely be worth spending time on both the original content and your annotations. For the other areas, using your annotations to remind you about aspects of the original content might be sufficient. Try to be honest with yourself about how comfortable you are with each piece of the material.

Please let us know if this doesn’t answer your question!