Post a Comment

Where do I begin studying for Step 1?

Activity Forums USMLE Step 1 Forum Where do I begin studying for Step 1?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Dr. Michael Levin MST USMLE Tutor 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So, you’re getting ready to study for Step 1, and you’re not sure where to begin? Don’t worry, most people don’t know either! Allow me to provide my two cents.

UFAP seems to be the core to any solid study program that almost anyone I’ve talked to has used. Myself, I couldn’t bring myself to read FA. Like not even more than 10 pages of it. But I got all the content through anki. *Back in my day* I used brosencephalon for this (a deck based on FA). I’m right now checking out Zanki, lolnotacop, and a few others – but the common denominator for all of these is anki. It’s a powerful program, just has a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to make the most of it. Lots of good tutorials on youtube for optimizing Anki for medical school.

Whatever resource you pick or approach you take, the most important thing is to pick just a few resources and get the whole way through them. If you do 90% of pathoma and 90% of BRS, and the 10% you missed in each is, say, endocrine, then you’re in a worse position than if you did 100% of one resource and way less of another and covered the full breadth of material.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.